Okay folks, I’m trying something new today, thanks to Rami Ungar the Writer. This is #firstlinefriday and the explanation/rules are as follows:
- Create a post on your blog entitled #FirstLineFriday, hashtag and all.
- Explain the rules (like this).
- Post the first one or two lines of a story idea, work-in-progress, or a completed or published work.
- Ask your readers for feedback.
- Urge others to try #FirstLineFriday on their own blogs (tagging is optional).
Well, I’ve got plenty of “first lines” to choose from, so I’m going to go with one from an idea for a “future earth” story. Here you go!
I try to imagine what this would be like in the past; there would be grass under my feet as we stood at the graveside – a deep hole in the ground – with rain splattering against canvas, a tiny hand gripped in my own.
So, what do you think?
As for who I’m going to encourage, let’s go with some folks who’ve been less active in blogging, and try to get them back! English and Philosophy, Valourborn, and Flaming Colours. And of course, anyone else who wants to participate! Feel free to tag me and I’ll come read what you post! 🙂