Welcome to #FirstLineFriday. Explanation:
- Create a post on your blog entitled #FirstLineFriday, hashtag and all.
- Explain the rules (like this).
- Post the first one or two lines of a story idea, work-in-progress, or a completed or published work.
- Ask your readers for feedback.
- Urge others to try #FirstLineFriday on their own blogs (tagging is optional).
So get comfy, take a seat and tell me what you think!
Ehdra’s people lay dead at the bottom of the sea, their lives stolen by the dark ash that fell from the sky and the liquid flame that burned their cities.
This line is from an origin story, of sorts, and that’s all I’m going to say about it. Where do you think it’s going? What do you think is going to happen? And above all, what do you think about the line – things you would change, improve, keep the same?